Screen lockers are viruses whose authors practice extortion. If your computer is infected, you constantly see a banner demanding that you pay the criminals to unlock the system.
In case if you have Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 installed and running, you can easily remove the ransomware. In the below article Kaspersky Antivirus support team lists down the steps to unlock the screen using a keyboard shortcut and ways to configure protection against screen lockers.
- Steps to unlock the screen using a keyboard shortcut
If your computer is infected by screen-locking ransomware, use a special keyboard shortcut. By default, it is CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F4.
To use the shortcut, you do not need to press all keys at once; press and hold them one by one, then release them together. Once the screen is unlocked, it is necessary that you run a Full Scan.
- Steps to configure protection against screen lockers
By default, the option is enabled.
To disable automatic screen locker detection (or enable it if it is turned off), do the following:
- Open Settings in Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
- In the Settings view, go to Protection and select System Watcher
- In System Watcher settings, select the checkbox Detect and close screen lockers if you want the application to do this automatically
- If you want to modify the keyboard shortcut for screen locker removal, select an option on the drop-down menu
- Close the application window
In case if you are using Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 and your license has expired, you can renew the same without problem. After your key has expired, renew your license and activate the product with the renewal activation code. You can renew your license within 6 months since your previous license expiration date.
The package can be activated with a renewal activation code on the computer with your previous license data. Else the license will be valid for less than a year.
In case if you are still not getting protection against screen lockers in Kaspersky Internet Security 2016, contact Kaspersky antivirus support team on toll free number 1-800-987-893. The professionals can be contacted via phone call, email or chat support for immediate assistance.